+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Got a question for all of you

I don't mean to be rude but why do you find so many people here that talk about their hometown being the greatest place on earth yet they moved here to the Grand Strand? I'm proud of where I'm from but if I wanted to be there I would.

Sorry I just never understood that.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by My Dream View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but why do you find so many people here that talk about their hometown being the greatest place on earth yet they moved here to the Grand Strand? I'm proud of where I'm from but if I wanted to be there I would.

Sorry I just never understood that.
    It's a question I've asked many times as well. Many of my friends moved here because they couldn't find work where they moved from.

Thanks
    That really is a good question. As wecutyourgrass said you will hear most people say they moved here to find work. The odd thing about that is we really don't have a lot of professional jobs here. The weather and "fun" bring many folks here but they likely miss their normal surroundings and friends and family.

Thanks
    Like the OP I do find it odd that so many northerners move here and all they talk about is where they come from. Maybe they should give this area a chance and realize it can be as great as the city they moved away from.

As a real local I welcome anyone here but grow tired of hearing how it doesn't compare to NYC or Pittsburgh.

Thanks
    The weather is probably a bigger reason than jobs. In Jersey you can find jobs and well paying jobs but after awhile the weather is a lot to deal with. I do miss Jersey and try to go back often but I don't miss the brutal winters.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetsin11 View Post
    The weather is probably a bigger reason than jobs. In Jersey you can find jobs and well paying jobs but after awhile the weather is a lot to deal with. I do miss Jersey and try to go back often but I don't miss the brutal winters.
    Another thing that drives many away from Jersey is the taxes.