+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Slater does it again!

Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 9 March, 2011 : - - Snapper Rocks -- Reigning 10-time ASP World Champion Kelly Slater (USA), 39, has secured his 46th elite tour win today, defeating defending event champion Taj Burrow (AUS), 32, to claim the Quiksilver Pro Gold Coast presented by Land Rover.
    The opening event of the 2011 ASP World Title season, the Quiksilver Pro Gold Coast showcased the incredible depth of talent in the current ASP Top 34, but the victory went to the iconic Floridian.
    Slater sprung to life on the final day of competition, posting his top results en route to the Final against Burrow. Slater slowly built upon his scores in his bout against the Australian and his refined strategy proved to be enough to earn the surfing icon the 2011 Quiksilver Pro Gold Coast crown.
    “I’m having a lot of fun,” Slater said. “It’s pretty easy. You go out and surf Snapper by yourself, it’s pretty fun. To get to surf a contest is a bonus. I’d like to thank my girlfriend and everyone at Quiksilver for throwing the event. Everyone loves this event because the waves are so fun. I don’t think I’m the only one that thought Taj was the standout of the event. At some point had to stop getting 9s and I just picked the right heat.”

Thanks
    Go Slater!

Thanks

Can he get 11? I think so. Depends on whether or not he can stay motivated to do the rest of the tour. I'm excited for Dane to be back for the Bells contest.
    Michael Bartlett
    SurfMB.com

Email: mtbartlett@surfmb.com