+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

I hear that spring break rentals are going well

I know many locals don't like the spring breakers but it does bring money into the grand strand. A few gm’s have told me they expect record numbers this year.

Thanks
    They destroy a lot as well but overall the good outweighs the bad.

Thanks
    It used to be that the young people didn't spend a lot of money except for drinking but that has changed over the years and they do go to more restaurants and they are buying more retail items. If you can keep the crime and vandalism down it's a win for the city.

Thanks
    What amazes me is the locals who won't recognize the importance of tourists. Do you think there would be any businesses here or jobs without them?

Thanks
    We are being told to brace for our best spring in the last five years. We'll see if it really happens but I'm optimistic.

Thanks
    Things are off to a good start.

Grand Strand tourism picks up with Spring Breakers

MYRTLE BEACH - Whether it's for spring break or people who just need a break, tourism is starting to pick up in Myrtle Beach. Businesses said they are happy to see an increase in customers. Some stores struggled through the slow season while others just closed their doors for the winter.
    After cold weather blasted parts of the country this winter, tourist said they are ready for a day at the beach.
    "We came down to Myrtle Beach for spring break" said Richard Schwartz. We got some time off school and we are ready to enjoy ourselves."
    Tanya Brooks said she and her family needed a break from the snow and cold weather they experienced in Tennessee. She said she plans to spend quality time and spend quite a bit of money while vacationing in Myrtle Beach.
    "We plan to get tee shirts for all the kids at homes, my nieces and nephews" said Brooks. "It's been ten years since we've been here and it was time to come back."
    Businesses said it was good to see more cars on the road and more activity along the boardwalk.
    "Our economy is picking up a little bit" said Robert Alston, Peaches Corner restaurant. "There are more teens coming down and going to the beach, eating and having fun."
    The Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce said the Grand Strand could see more funding for tourism marketing. South Carolina lawmakers are considering a program that matches public and private funds. If passed, the chamber said the partnership would help bring tourists and jobs to the Grand Strand.

Thanks

My family owns several condos and this is the first year that we have rented each of them for the entire month of March and I think we only have one available for one week in April.