+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Dump site for used motorcycle oil??

I change my own and need a place to dispose of the old oil??

Thanks
    Not really sure where to tell you to go but here is some information on what to do with the oil.

Provided by Earth911.com
    We're all for DIY oil changes, but keep in mind that your used motor oil can be a hazard if handled improperly.

Here's a quick, step-by-step guide for changing your motor oil at home:
    1. Refer to your owner's manual for proper directions for changing your motor oil.
    2. Make sure that you have a clean drain pan that will accommodate all the oil in your vehicle before removing the drain plug on your engine's oil pan. This is generally no more than five quarts.
    3. Drain the used oil into a drip pan.
    4. Have rags on-hand to clean up any drips or spills.
    5. When changing your oil filter, be extra careful to avoid spilling the oil that is in the filter. Catch this oil in your drip pan and properly drain the filter of excess oil.
    6. Replace the drain plug and securely tighten according to the manufacturer's instructions.
    7. Using a funnel, add new engine oil, allowing each container to fully drain. Most cars generally will need four to five quarts of oil. Do not overfill.
    8. Check around the oil filter and drain plug for leaking oil. Oil spilled or leaked on your driveway, streets or other surfaces will inevitably wash into storm drains during heavy precipitation, which could contaminate the water supply.
    9. Using the funnel, pour the used oil from the drip pan into a proper recycling container. Many drain pans double as a container for recycling. Visit your nearest auto parts store to find these specialized containers.
    10. Take the sealed oil container to a local used motor oil collection center for recycling. Check with this location before you mix in other lubricants, such as hydraulic fluid or transmission fluid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Lenter View Post
    I change my own and need a place to dispose of the old oil??
    Guy that isn't a problem at all. You can take the oil to any auto parts store and most WalMarts will take it too.