+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks

Pier fishing vs surf fishing

Most of us would rather be out on a boat but I can't understand why anyone would want to surf fish when they can go out on one of the piers? It seems the piers have so many advantages and it's only a few dollars to go out.

Don't get me wrong I surf fish several times a month but most of the time I'm either in a boat or on a pier and my catches are always a lot better that way.

Thanks
    I enjoy both and find them to be different. Surf I'm often catching several little fish that are running close to the shore. On the pier you are often fishing along the bottom and have a chance to bring in bigger fish and a better variety. One more thing about surf fishing is you can move around a lot more and try different areas.

Oh and one more thing. The piers can get very crowded and you can always find a place along the beach that won't have people standing on top of you.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducklover View Post
    Most of us would rather be out on a boat but I can't understand why anyone would want to surf fish when they can go out on one of the piers? It seems the piers have so many advantages and it's only a few dollars to go out.

Don't get me wrong I surf fish several times a month but most of the time I'm either in a boat or on a pier and my catches are always a lot better that way.
    You are most likely going to catch bigger fish on the pier and more. Sure they are both fun but the reasons I mentioned are enough to get me to the pier.

Thanks
    I actually catch more from the surf but they are small.

Thanks
    It's just a personal preference but I never fish on the beach. I just don't like having to deal with finding a good spot. On the pier you know their will be fish around at all times.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ducklover View Post

It's not that I don't like surf fishing but it's pointless around here. I say that and then I still do it once every few months for some odd reason.