View Poll Results: Should Horry County ban smoking in public places?

Voters
668. You must log in to vote in this poll. Quick registration is available through Facebook connect.
  • Yes

536 80.24%
  • No

132 19.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dubsteppenguin View Post
    It's ridiculous if you ask me. Most of you mention bars as if they are indeed public places, but in actuality they are private businesses, and the business owners should be able to make the decision as to whether their establishment allows smoking indoors.
    What about the rights of other customers? Doesn't it go you have rights until you violate the rights of others?

Thanks
    It's ridiculous if you ask me. Most of you mention bars as if they are indeed public places, but in actuality they are private businesses, and the business owners should be able to make the decision as to whether their establishment allows smoking indoors.
    Wow you nailed that! If you own a business why should you have to worry about such things?

Thanks
    That's how I see it too. Like I said I don't mind not smoking around people that don't want me to smoke but it should be my choice.

Thanks
    People should be able to enjoy their time out and not have to worry about the smoke from other people.

Thanks
    I would vote for such a ban.

Thanks
    I have to wonder if the decision is harder to make because of the county's size. If you passed this in most states it would cover one city but here it covers several and it may be hard to get everyone onboard.

Thanks
    I smell smoke and I'm putting it out.

Thanks
    As many have said it's all about you having rights until your choices interfere with the rights of other people.

Thanks
    I've read where some areas have these bans but businesses are required to provide an area where smokers can exit to and smoke in comfort. That would be a good idea IMHO.

Thanks
    Wow seems I got a rise out of some people with this. I definitely don't want to see the ban happen but based on the poll I'm going to need more support.