View Poll Results: Should Horry County ban smoking in public places?

Voters
668. You must log in to vote in this poll. Quick registration is available through Facebook connect.
  • Yes

536 80.24%
  • No

132 19.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dubsteppenguin View Post
    It's ridiculous if you ask me. Most of you mention bars as if they are indeed public places, but in actuality they are private businesses, and the business owners should be able to make the decision as to whether their establishment allows smoking indoors.
    You know you make a good point. The owner should be able to make a decision on what goes on in his/her business but what if it affects the rights and "possible" well being of other customers?

Thanks
    It's ridiculous if you ask me. Most of you mention bars as if they are indeed public places, but in actuality they are private businesses, and the business owners should be able to make the decision as to whether their establishment allows smoking indoors.
    Hard to argue with that. I hope it happens that people can't smoke in public but you made me think about it a little.

Thanks
    What about the rights of other customers? Doesn't it go you have rights until you violate the rights of others?

Thanks
    Wow you nailed that! If you own a business why should you have to worry about such things?

Thanks
    That's how I see it too. Like I said I don't mind not smoking around people that don't want me to smoke but it should be my choice.

Thanks
    People should be able to enjoy their time out and not have to worry about the smoke from other people.

Thanks
    I would vote for such a ban.

Thanks
    What if they made these places have area that were completely closed off for the smokers?

Thanks
    the people should vote on this and otherwise it's unfair

Thanks

Would this ban cover every business? What about outside businesses or the beach? Surfside doesn't allow smoking on the beach.