+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Thanks

Forums are now open and exciting details on user rewards!

We are in the process of completing other areas of the site but we have released the forums. Work will continue over the next several days and we should see a full site release by the beginning of next week.

The most exciting news for you as a user is that MyrtleTalk will be rewarding you for your activity on the site. When the review area is ready we will award gift cards to those users who write reviews worthy of being released in the Reviews area. Also each day we will randomly issue gift cards to other users of the site for simply being part of our online community.

Our goal is to build the best online community in Myrtle Beach and we plan to reward you for helping us reach that goal.

Be sure to look over our forums, create a user account and feel free to introduce yourself.

Thank you!

MyrtleTalk Staff

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ADMIN For This Useful Post:

debsmithers (01-26-2011), MikeUSC (01-26-2011), Nataliesense (01-26-2011), treetoppers (01-27-2011)

Thanks
    Looks great so far. I had a chance to meet one of your writers earlier this week and it sounds like fun idea.

Two questions. How do you earn rewards? Can we put pictures in our messages like your open sign? Thanx. Mike.

Thanks
    So if we write reviews we get a gift card? Where can we use the cards?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by playtime11 View Post
    So if we write reviews we get a gift card? Where can we use the cards?
    We will pick specific reviews that have really delivered the info that we are looking for. When that happens we will move the review to the iReviews section and the appropriate category. We will also contact that person and arrange to send them a gift card. Often the gift card will be for a local business, generally restaurants.

Keep in mind that we will also pick random people for being active on the site and give them a gift card.

Thanks
    Nice site thus far.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeUSC View Post
    Looks great so far. I had a chance to meet one of your writers earlier this week and it sounds like fun idea.

Two questions. How do you earn rewards? Can we put pictures in our messages like your open sign? Thanx. Mike.
    Mike, welcome! Please see my other message in this thread about the rewards. Also we just made a change to the forums that will allow everyone to upload pics and then display them here. But if you registered before we made that change you will need to follow the steps below to turn that feature on. Sorry for the trouble.

To Activate image upload go to:

Settings link > General Settings > Message Editor Interface

From there choose the WYSIWYG option and then be sure to save at the bottom of the page.

Thanks
    Like your site. I want a gift card.

Thanks
    This is pretty neat. I think I would help with the reviews as my husband and I visit a new restaurant every other night it seems. haha

Thanks
    I like the message boards here better than some of the other places. Have to figure out how to upload my pictures.

Thanks

I would love to learn more about the restaurants in the area.